Hey guys, today i came here with hot new topic related to whatsapp for android users. Yes, you are thinking right guys. Today i am going to give you way to backup your chats to Google Drive. Similarly, We know that how much we use social apps in our daily life. In fact, we are so much addicted to social media. Even we can’t live without using social media. Where we are involved in use of social apps, there we have some issue too. As instance, when we switch from one device to another and we don’t have our all previous chats.
How to Create Backup for Whatsapp in Google Drive
However, many people create backup of their chats for different reasons such as, switching from one device to another or installing custom ROM etc. Similarly, if we want to keep our data save or want to never lose our chats so that we have to make the backup of our chat. Before we have the option to save our media or chat to local storage i.e SD Card and Local Storage (Internal Storage). To give people more convenience and reliable experience now we have another option to backup our chats and media to Google Drive with encryption.
From this way, we can make our chat and media backup safely. In any case, if we lose our data or backup that we have save on local storage then we don’t need to worry about it. Why we don’t need to worry about it because you have made your backup already to Google Drive that you can use it anytime. This is the big advantage for android users to create whatsapp backup to Google Drive.
Well, there are two possible ways to backup your data.
How Many Backup Methods of Whatsapp?
- Local Storage (i.e) SD card/Internal Storage
- Google Drive Backup
These are the ways to set your backup of your chat and media. One thing i would recommend people to do is to make backup of their chats to Google Drive. There is no hard process to do it for android users.
How to Make Backup of Whatsapp Chat to Google Drive
By using this method, you can backup your videos, chats, photos, notes and other docs to Google Drive easily.
- Launch whatsapp from your device
- Click on the three dots on right top of the chat screen on whatsapp.
- Now tap on Settings.
- You will see many options there such as Accounts, notification, chat and many other.
- You have to open chat option.
- Now go to chat backup
- then click on the backup button to backup your data of your whatsapp. You can setup backup by tapping on Google backup drive.
- You have done successfully! if you didn’t set you google account with whatsapp then add up your google account with whatsapp when you click on Google backup drive.
There is something you need to note down. I am sure you are doing backup to Google Drive for the first time so keep it your mind that:
- First time backup it will take some time to complete the process.
- Whenever you tap on Create Google Drive Backup to make backup using the same google account. It will overwrite the current backup to old one and then you never jump back to older backup of your chats and media.
How to Restore Whatsapp Backed up Chats and Media to Phone
- While setting up with your new phone or switching from one phone to another, you will be asked to restore your backup from Google Drive. It will ask when you use the same google account and phone number in which you had backup of your phone.
- Press Restore button and restore your backups.
- You have to wait for some time to complete the restoration of your backups. It may take longer time if you have a large Media and chats backup.
Note: It wont backup your data if you ever use different phone number or google account. So keep in your mind that you have to use same phone number and email account that you uses to setup backup.
I hope you like this tutorial. By the way, this way can be use for local backup as it will first check the local backup. If not found then it will move on the Google Drive Backup. Share this article with your friends as many as you can. If any questions raised on your mind after reading this article then you can contact us via comments. Must leave your comments with your experience and suggest us something so that we can improve our content. Many of people don’t know this useful and common thing so you should spread this knowledge among all. Stay tuned at Modapkplus for more cool tips and tricks. Also don’t forget to check the GBWhatsApp and YOWhatsApp which are the best mods of whatsapp. Thank you so much for you love and support.